MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

YOU ARE THE MAN! That was a super smooth spiritual mexican duck bomb!

3 Likes

@Oroboryo needs to add a jason ladder in… i’m sure he figure it out. I’l wait for next week’s video! Im just busting your chops out of jealousy. That was amazing.

3 Likes

haha perfect name for it!

2 Likes

My progress is miserable… these are the HighLuights! Of my last 4 days of practice

4 Likes

lol now I don’t have to be so embarrassed to admit that it takes me TONS of failed attempts to get anything even remotely close! lol

How satisfying will it be once we start landing them with more consistency though!? :smiley:

3 Likes

STOP! Hammer Time!!

Guys, I am interrupting my own trick a week challenge with a trick for a yoyo challenge.

Stop finger spinning because why not this challenge feels like it was made for opportunities like this!

Not sure if everyone saw this but there is literally a free $120 yoyo give away for learning tricks hosted by @AndreBoulay and @chaosgow!!!

This to me is the definition of what we have been gearing up to.

I haven’t watched yet, no idea how difficult, but I feel like we owe it to ourself for one of us to win this yoyo or at least give ourself the chance to do so.

@chaosgow is like the nicest guy ever, and he designs and help others design sick yoyos.
I doubt this will be any different.

So i am calling an official stop on my challenge, while this giveaway in on going and replacing this challenge with this giveaway tutorial. (sorry @twitch77 I know it’s your week this week).

No more @MoonageMin & @twitch77 's trick a week challenge
On temporary hold until this giveaway ends.
To be resumed again where we left off on finger spins when it’s over.

Go my good people, learn new tricks and win a yoyo someone please. lol
Would love for one of us to come out the giveaway winner.

That is all.

7 Likes

I mean…that’s cool and all…and I’m not trying to be hard on myself or anything, I’m just being realistic here…
There’s no freaking way I can learn this trick at this time. I’m no where near the skill level needed for this thing.
I’ll be rooting for anyone who goes for it though!

5 Likes

Okay let me actually watch the video and reassess

2 Likes

Don’t let me hold you back man! If you think you can gun for it, I say absolutely go for it!

2 Likes

Good Dog man, maybe in year 3 of trick-a-week

That trick is really dope though, but I’m definitely not capable of that right now. Would be cool if someone doing trick-a-week did it though.

2 Likes

This is sick. I’m in.

3 Likes

I’m so absolutely okay with taking a pause on this Trick-A-Week Challenge so that we can gun for this new challenge.
I’m going to pass on it…I will instead use the time to continue working on consistency and smoothness with our previous tricks, as well as I’d like to focus on some speed combo elements.

However…I’m SO here on the side lines cheering any of you on who gun for this! I’ll be so super impressed and pumped if any of you can pull this first trick, or either or the other 2 off!
And how exciting would it be if one of you guys actually won a prize!!

Can’t wait to see who else will be working on this OPYOYOs challenge! :smiley:

3 Likes

Guys, time out, be back with an update.
let me have a board meeting with Twitch first

3 Likes

Okay guys, so I had a long chat with @twitch77

Firstly I want to start by saying something we didn’t discuss but…
I just want to apologise for deciding to do that without talking to Twitch or anyone else first.

To be fair I haven’t seen this challenge as my challenege or even our (Twitch & I) challenge for some time now.
This kind of belongs to the people including us who enjoy this and have been so passionately involved for the past 6 weeks. (6 weeks is no joke, it’s already a hell of a commitment).

So apologies for letting my enthusiasm get ahead of me and do an announcement like that.

Okay back to where I discussed with @twitch77.

I am taking a 3 week break to try and see if I can do at least 1 of the 3 @chaosgow tutorials in the 3 week time limit.

This means one of two things

1. we take a pause for 3 weeks as I initially suggested and people either work on this with me, or do you own thing, practice past weeks etc
  2. the challenge goes on, and in the interim @twitch77 will be running this including all of my weeks and his week etc and I’ll come back in 3 weeks and catch up.

this is the way, we have spoken (Mandalorian quote in case it wasn’t obvious)
We are putting this to you people to have a shareholders’ vote.

Vote closes in 24 hours so 1am tomorrow UK time.

So far votes are @twitch77, @EOS44 (I’m assuming from your comment), and I are voting for a suspension for 3 weeks and we either work on this or have a break

cast your votes good people.
(If the vote is a tie, I am nominating @ryanmcg as the casting vote, although I feel he might vote to keep the challenge going and not take a break haha)

3 weeks should be enough time to learn almost anything right? even I complete only 1 of 3 and get just 1 entry for giveaway I will see that as success.

Finally, thanks guys all for joining @twitch77 & I on this challenge every week, wanted to use this opportunity to just put that out there.

(I’m now off to learn figure 8s, haven’t worked on finger spins yet ngl… :rofl:)

2 Likes

I’m on the fence, so it’ll be a surprise no matter what!

Edit: don’t wanna keep bumping the message up, so I’ll say it here. I’m cool either way, and while I’m sure this trick is out of my reach ATM, parts of it I’m going to try whether or not trick-a-week is suspended. Maybe I’ll surprise myself.

2 Likes

So I actually thought about doing a giveaway for this challenge but didn’t know how to do one yet given varying skill levels here.

And this popped up hence why I was so excited.

2 Likes

I’m cool with doing whatever yall want. That trick looks hard af tho

4 Likes

I just hope no one loses interest during the 3 week hiatus. I think it’d be cool if everyone doing trick-a-week posted videos of their progress on whatever they’re working on here while it’s suspended(if the vote goes that way).

3 Likes

That trick is totally insane. I don’t think we should pause our trick a week. Everyone is submitting fancier versions of the trick anyway so i think we can keep the trick a week and help @MoonageMin win the yoyo he thinks iis on his reach.
Maybe this week since all of you can finger spin anyway… how about we add figure 8 to this week’s challenge. And if you can figure anything else in that trick out we can add those elements in on sunday for next week?
I think it’s a bad precedent to pause a52 week challenge on week 5. I’d like to teach my daughter’s better so im voting to keep the challenge going.

4 Likes

Exactly.

3 Likes