MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

I’m not super worried about it, as I don’t know much of the stuff that’s happened since 2001 or so. If it’s something that I already land consistently, I’ll just try it on a responsive or something, just for fun. I think it’s far more likely that I’ll fall behind, honestly.

3 Likes

Someone has to take the honorary role of coming last :laughing:

I think @PCaliyoyos will fly away with a 52/52 completion, and I expect the rest of us to be similar there or thereabouts.

5 Likes

:100: fine with being the “lanterne rouge” :biking_man: :+1:

4 Likes

:wink::joy:

4 Likes

This is skill based discrimination /s

8 Likes

You can always join in, maybe limit it to responsive yoyo only. Good luck doing the hook on that hehehe

6 Likes

If it’s not super responsive, like a lot of 1a responsives, it’s not too hard, you just have to make sure you don’t leave it tensionless for more than a split second. I’ve done it without thinking a few times, and then on the second go before I realize what I’m doing it responds and smacks me in the hand leaving a nasty welt :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Also, this sounds like fun. I’ll play along when I can.

5 Likes

Less talk more action! Get it started for crying out loud. :grin:

8 Likes

Awesome, looking forward to your participation Ryan!

4 Likes

Haha :laughing: @skitrz,

I have my contest tomorrow so I want to be focused on that and will probably only get back home very late at night/early morning.
Hence Sunday start date, and it kind of works nicely in terms of timing too. :slight_smile:

Watch this space on Sunday for the first trick

5 Likes

This is a fear of mine as well!

I’m not so much afraid that people will be disappointed with me…my fear is that I’ll hold others doing this challenge back in some way or wont be good enough and wont be able to make things enough of a challenge for other to keep progressing.
Okay, I don’t know how to explain that.
I am scared that I’ll have a hard time keeping up with everyone though.

But I’m really excited to give things a go! I’m committed to putting some real effort into this challenge!!

4 Likes

Good luck man! I didn’t have time to follow the thread real close, but it’s been super fun reading it. How far have you made it in the trick ladder?

4 Likes

Don’t worry man. You are much better than you think you are, I assure you.

4 Likes

Yeah. I suppose you’re right.
I mean…I can pull off a sleeper about 50% of the time!

lol :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hey man. It’s all individual, so there is no such thing. As long as it’s a new trick for us who cares what we pick. (Hence the title, @MoonageMin & @twitch77’s Trick a Week challenge ^^)

As long as we all have fun and get better as a result then we are winning

3 Likes

Thanks Ryan!

I am on trick #19 Hidemasa hook, but that has about 1 ok 10 chance of landing at the moment.

Having the occasional issues with Pop n fresh so it’s really down to what happens on the day whether I lose a life on that one or not.

Boingy sometimes I have issues with getting it going the first few boings.

Kwyjibo is my next one that I could potentially mess up. If I can get to #18 Kwyjibo and then have a shot at #19 Hook before retiring that would be a personal win for me.

5 Likes

I’m in. I’ll film when I can/ when I feel like it lol

5 Likes

I think I’ll give it a go too

5 Likes

Very cool guys! :smiley:

Can’t wait for this to become an established thing!!

4 Likes