MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2021 [Finished, check out TaW 2022]

Thanks @CPC for choosing one of my tuts!
It’s a little funny element, can be confusing at the beginning but I assure you it comes very natutal once you learn the basic move. Let me know if you guys have any question at all!

6 Likes

I literally cannot bind today lol. Here’s my attempt

Also got the Flip Flop Tower filmed today

7 Likes

so how do I get it on this? do I start from the beginning or current?

4 Likes

Best to start from the current and join in straight away and look back at previous tricks and learn ones that catches your eyes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

ok i will try, but things looking pretty fancy. I’ve only been throwing for 6 months but will do what I can

5 Likes

Ah if that is the case. Best place to start will be week 1 of 2020 TaW that has beginner essentials when you are about 6 month in

3 Likes

And feel free to share your progress here. Doesn’t have to be the current trick. We will all help and cheer you on :slight_smile:

5 Likes

sweet thanks! I only get 1 day off a month and work about 100hr weeks so I might not be able to make videos for a lot but will try to make some here and there

5 Likes

@hobby_master Glad to have ya join.

@ANGVS Those two vids were awesome!!!

5 Likes

Saturday commute is quickly becoming my best practice time. @ChrysaeThrows not the first element I’ve learned from you and it’s not going to be the last either. Love your stuff. Thanks.

8 Likes

More then half way there! Welcome to July!
I’m gonna push some Front into your Style if it’s the last thing I do. I know everyone loves to BOINGY! So let’s bring it up a notch, BAM!

Yo Tricks has 2 video series that are amazing amounts of tuts packed into 3 min videos. So let’s get Boinging.?!?

This week’s challange is to post your best Boingy Boingy. If you can’t, then start with the basic, if you can then let’s get fancy. If you can post the Protrusion (chopstick formation) boingy at the end of this tut then your FrontStyle demands serious respect. Good luck and have fun.

5 Likes

Thought we would have gotten something… but based on the forum conversations Boingy Combos are hard… here’s where I’m at. Not the cleanest but it’s the end of the week and my pick so this is what I’m posting. Enjoy.

6 Likes

Nice! Ive actually been trying to get protrusions down most of the week but theyre super hard to get smooth

2 Likes

Same that’s why i didn’t attempt any on my last day to get this post up. I keep hitting my fat thumb even with smaller throws.

1 Like

TaW #28 : Maximum Overdrive

Something fun but easy that I have been meaning to learn :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Niiice trick. And even nicer to see you back here!!
Danm, I have a lot to catch up :smiley:

3 Likes

That darn thumb Pluck at the beginning is tuff to get in flow.

Edit i think i need a longer string for this one also. When attached to my finger the yoyo reaches my opposite shoulder, which has reduced greatly the number of times i hit the ground (especially outside) but if feel like with all these undercuts i could use an extra inch.

4 Likes

This trick is very cool… once it clicks it actually a lot easier then i thought initially. I was messing around thankfully had my phone set up just incase… enjoy.

4 Likes

#29 this week flew by as if we where in overdrive haha…

Not sure if everyone is following the trick remixes, but @Myk_Myk is organizing some awesome challenges. With this month’s remix in mind i thought we would change the plane of our combos with some Flops. I found 3 ideas for us to play with GYROLUTION, Saturn Flop, and a Vu style Gyrolution.

Enjoy.

Incase anyone wants to check out the remix thread…

5 Likes

Awesome picks. I def need to learn these.

4 Likes