Mk1 Yoyos!

Early 2022. Collaboration with Spiral.

29 Likes

As in Throw Spiral? That looks great. Mecha A-RT 420.

1 Like

Yeah, they go by just “Spiral" now.

3 Likes

Rough schedule for the first part of this year:

Sliver - this month
Exia 3rd run - In production, hopefully ready by March
Spyglass - In production, hopefully ready by March
Various - signature yoyo prototypes - in the works. Waiting for latest revisions.
Contact - Thinking about making an update/variant, either 7075 or POM.

Regarding the Contact, both updates sound appealing to me, and I have draft CAD files ready to be cleaned up and sent for prototyping. I’m not certain what folks are looking for in a new Contact, either - in 7075 I think I’d want to push rim weight a bit, because getting the same weight distribution as the 6061 version seems kind of pointless to me. The POM version would similarly end up playing slightly lighter (while also being a bit larger), just on account of the material change. This shape really likes rim weight, so it sort of happens naturally.

For either version, the profile/shape/schmoove would stay as close to the original as possible.

• Contact 6061 - 3rd production run
  • Contact 7075 - Bell sounds and rim weight increased
  • Contact POM - The nifty plastic version
  • No choice / not interested

0 voters

17 Likes

26 Likes

That looks clean :grin: I wish I could just grab it from the screen :sweat_smile:. Btw I have one question regarding the sliver it looks like an AWESOME throw and I was just wondering how much it will retail for ??

3 Likes

Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for your videos on CAD. I was able to use your video as a guide to help me make a 3D model of my dream throw just so I can stare at it.

5 Likes

$54 for solids and $60 for multicolor.

4 Likes

That pom contact sounds great!!!

5 Likes

I’m very online, so I’ve been on Discord ever since it displaced Ventrilo & Teamspeak as the main way to chat with my friends while playing games. There’s an MK1 Discord server (run by a fan, for a while, now run by me) for just over two years now.

This is not a big discord user-wise, and it’s not trying to be everything at once. I mostly use it to post extra yoyo renders and ideas, talk about yoyo design stuff, etc. Anyhow, stop by and say hi!

8 Likes

Boxing up a new Exia run. 6 completely new colorways.

Including this one! :watermelon: HDMelon

27 Likes

Awesome! I got back into the yo-yo scene after these were pretty much gone, so I’ve never had the pleasure of throwing one. I’m looking forward to rectifying that :smile:

5 Likes

The new Exia will be available in early April here at YoyoExpert.

7068 Aluminum and Stainless Steel. $95! 6 colorways in total.

22 Likes

Would you ever consider a brass ring Exia? :pray:t3:

4 Likes

Those look sooo nice !!! I’m going crazy for the spyglass over here :grimacing: I cant wait any longer I think I’m gonna blow :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head: lol :laughing:

3 Likes

same! lol

3 Likes

I’d consider it, sure!

4 Likes

Owwww yeeesss!!!

2 Likes

Totally coming in late to the party on this one, @MarkD, but I would 100% snag a POM Contact. Did you decide to move forward with this idea?

5 Likes

Can’t wait to get an Exia! :smiley:

5 Likes