Loud Computer

(Walker, Yo-Yo Ranger) #1

My computer is louder than I would like it to be. It is the CPU fan mainly, I think. How would I lube it to make it quieter?

i dont know but just buy a new one its cheap i guess and easy to replace

“Loud” is very undescriptive. Does it sound like there’s something hitting the fan? Have you tried just simply cleaning it off?

(Walker, Yo-Yo Ranger) #4

It’s loud enough to hear from across the room, and from outside the room when I have been been gaming.
It doesn’t sound like there is something hitting the fan, but there is quite a bit of noise coming from the fan. My other computer is almost silent. Is it normal for a computer to be as loud as mine?

Eh, it happens. Definitely try cleaning it. Get an air compressor and take it outside and blow that puppy out. It might help your noise problem. If not, well it’s cleaner now.

Sometimes things just get loud. Is this a laptop or desktop?

(Walker, Yo-Yo Ranger) #6

I have already vacuumed it out. IV said on the YYN forum to lube the fan. Since I don’t want to ruin anything, I want to do it right. I need to remove the fan from the computer he said, but it is attached to the heatsink I think. So I am not sure what to do.

It is a desktop.

Alright well then just put a drop or two of lube in there around where the fan spins. If you need to take the heatsink off, you can probably push some clip and it’ll come off.

(Walker, Yo-Yo Ranger) #8

Can I quote from another forum?

I looked under the sticker in one of the case fan because I didn’t want to ruin the CPU fan, and it was exactly like he said. I took the sticker off the CPU fan before I took the fan off to see if it was the same. There was just a flat surface and I could see a bit of metal in the middle. Not the same. Do i just drop lube in the middle of that?