Literature

Does anyone read any books here? I like fantasy, some of my favourite authors are Philip Pullman, Garth Nix, Patrick Rothfuss, Robin Hobb and Joe Abercrombie.

(Yo!It'sMatt) #2

Original Novels! Robinson Crusoe, 20,000 leagues under the sea, Oliver twist!

(Mitch) #3

Yeah I read alot… My favorite series from when I was a kid is no longer in production but I own all three of the Deltora Quest series and have probably read all three adozen times over…

Arthur C. Clarke, Fred Saberhagen, Kurt Vonnegut; classics too.

(D@§h!zn!t) #5

Have you read books by Orsen Scott Card? He is one of my favorite authors. :slight_smile:

(Shisaki) #6

I like fantasy and fav. authors are J.K Rowling, Angie Sage, Christopher Paolini, Cornelia Funke, and Christopher MacHale.

(JonasK) #7

I’ve read The DaVinci COde and Angels and Demons. Both really great books.

I also read all the Harry Potter books in two languages a few years back.

Cormac McCarthy.

No, I haven’t. Maybe I will. :slight_smile:

(Mitch) #10

Man, I cant beleive I forgot this… My ALL TIME favorite book, I’ve read it over and over

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

Twilight.

(Yo!It'sMatt) #12

Oh yes.
I read all of em’ in a week.

(JonasK) #13

ugh… poor Romanians

(~ZB~) #14

I read 2 good books this year in English,

Of Mice and Men-awesome book, taught me alot about what true friendship is.

The Giver- great book, kinda makes you paranoid to the point where you start to question the world around you.

I don’t like reading at all but… Manga FTW!

(Mitch) #16

Two great books… both very very deep…

I just thought of a few more…

The Outsiders,
The Hobbit,
The Crucible
The Oddyssy

(LookAYoYo) #17

Jim Butcher is a good fantasy/mystery/adventure/slightly-erotic author.

Gordan Korman. Not a huge big time author, but he writes good books. I like realistic fiction.

Reading Philip K. Dick novels now - found a treasure trove of them at the local library that I’m going to work my way through.

Library: a commercial establishment lending books for a fixed charge; a lending library.
Book: a written or printed work of fiction or nonfiction, usually on sheets of paper fastened or bound together within covers.

(Tenoh) #20

I like a lot of books, mostly fantasy and sci-fi, my favorite at the moment though is The Complete Sherlock Holmes. It’s a real treat! I’m totally excited about The Lost Symbol too! ;D

Other than those, I really like Neil Gaiman, he’s absolutely brilliant!