Jobs

I’m a freshman and I just signed up for a tutoring job. Just wondering, for those teenagers that have a job:

1. How do you get paid? Cash or check?

2. If you get a check, what do you do?

Freshman in high school? Or college? If high school, that’s pretty good to already be tutoring. Pretty good for college too

I had a job for two days but had to quite due to the environment. I got paid with a check and I cashed it. Some of it I put in my savings account and some I kept.

Freshman in High School FTW!

(JackG) #4

i referee soccer and get about 2000 dollar a year for about 50 games

i walk a dog for 30 minutes a day and make 25 bucks a week. i get paid by check
what i do is take it to the bank and you just tell them either in account or cash

(Mitch) #6

I get a check from work every other thursday, I go in, sign for it, take it to my bank, and depending on what I plan to do I either deposit it into my account or cash it… Some times I only deposit part and keep the rest for spending cash…

If your working through the school or with a parent you might get paid cash… Lucky… Under the table, no taxes…

youll prolly get paid cash, and if you do get a check just deposit it into your bank account if you have one or if you dont, just take it to the bank or a liquor store and have them give you cash.

Liquor store? Really? Even if you could do that, that’s not gonna be possible for somebody in high school.

(POLLO YOYO) #9

well my cuzin gets paid in checks and he takes it to the liqour store in the corner and hes a senior

(JM) #10

If it’s a check, have your parents cash it for you. Anywhere other than a bank will charge you.

(JonasK) #11

This works different for me than most others here. I have to give my employer a tax card. Because I am still below a certain age, I don’t have to pay taxes as long as I deliver that card. If I don’t deliver that card, I will get a punishment tax, which is 50 % of my payment. I can get that 50% back if I deliver that card after I got the payment. I usually give my account number to the employer so that my money goes directly on to my account.

(JackG) #12

seems complicated

Thanks for the info guys.

To Smoke: I’m working with a parent’s kid so which means the parent pays me. Most likely cash. Once I saved up enough money I’m buying a G5 or and 888!

(JonasK) #14

Not that complicated. Deliver card, work, get money.

But Norway is usually a bit more complicated than the US. We pay a lot more tax here. And we pay a lot more tax on everything. We pay 13 % tax on foods and 25% on anything else. Then we have free health care and stuff. The state is also paying my rent and my food now.