I think this guy is trying to scam me.

samcutajar@onvol.net (samcutajar@onvol.net)
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Mon 3/01/10 10:59 AM
To: windowslive@rds.live.com.nsatc.net

Dear Account User, This is from Windows Live Team,we are sending to all account users for safety. Due to the anonymous registration of our account which iscausing congestion to our service, so we are shutting down some accountand your account was among those to be deleted,so the purpose of this message is for you to verify that you are the owner of this account andyou are still using it by filling the information below after clicking on the reply button:

Full Name:

Username:

Password:

Date of Birth:

Country or Territory:

After following the instructions in the sheet,your account will not beinterrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention tothis request. We apologize for any inconveniences. Account owner that refuses to update his/her account after a week ofreceiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.

Thanks,Windows Live Team

Me thinks I got a spammer! What do you think?

(stephen_cameron) #2

agreed. it would be @microsoft.com or something

Haha, just look at all the typos. Anyways, all major companies in the terms of use for their services will state that they will NEVER ask for account information, or any personal information whatsoever. Ignore the message, and if you want some extra karma, report the user to microsoft.

How can you have .net and .com on the same address. This is definetly spam.

I reported it as a phishing scam.

This is the 1st email I ever got trying to egg me on for personal info.

Hoo…ray?

lol.

I’m observant enough not to be that stupid.

No company will EVER send you an email asking you for your username and password.

EVER

(JM) #7

EVER I SAY!

Yeah, I know because obviously, they already know it, of course.

i think it’s gotta be legit. And if your account is deleted then how will you have any further correspondence with the nigerian prince that wants to share his fortune with you?

reply to the email and be sure to inclue all your info including your credit card, bank account and routing numbers, SSN, and also send them your debit card and pin # in the mail just to be on the safe side.

Besides, if you dont do it then you’ll have bad luck for the next six weeks and your dog will die. You have to send the email to 6 friends in 6 minutes to reverse the curse. it is for real, the email even says so.

also, you get to make a wish and scroll to the bottom to see the name of the love of your life. the email says so.

(JosephP) #10

LOL i think the guy above me is the one that sent you the e-mail.

Know what, danccow, you’re right Ima gonna send him all my info with my social security number in there, too. It’s the right thing to do, lol.

DanCDow, that was the best compilation of spam mail of all time.

Also, why are we trusting/working with microsoft? I would report that email even if it were truly from them.

Lol, I’m getting concerned now, they’re getting even MORE stupid. Read below:

(No Subject)þ
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Sat 3/27/10 3:26 AM
To:

We are pleased to inform you that you have been Awarded the sum of 750,000.00 GBP in the Toyota 2010 Program. Send your

NAME:…

ADDRESS:…

REGION:…

That one really made me laugh. I guess even the not-so computer inclined are making scamming attempts to make ends meet, huh?

(JM) #14

I suggest getting a new e-mail address mate.

Maybe if they get more intelligent, I will consider it.

For now, it’s just a good laugh. I’m in no groups that have my parents credit cards, etc., so I don’t think its a gigantic problem until I get to be an adult.

Has that become privilege?

Yes. My tribe has a hunt and when I kill a bear in hand to hand combat I get to become a man among my people. Then I shall get to be an adult.