People aren't leaving reciprocal feedback?

The last two trades I have had both ended in me having to rate one person Neutral and the other Negative. In both of those cases I did not receive any feedback in return which is ridiculous because I held up my end of the bargain as promised and did everything I was supposed to do…

It seems to me that people are less inclined to leave feed back unless you leave them positive feedback.

At the end of the day I know this is just a yoyo forum and in the grand scheme of all things isn’t that important (SHAME ON ME for saying that :slight_smile: ). It is still a pain!

Is there some sort of rule as to how feed back is supposed to work? My guess would be that feedback should be received after receiving your part of the deal and testing it out, not waiting for the other person to rate you. If this is not an actual rule then maybe I should just start stating that in my B/S/T posts.

Feedback is not required, it is a courtesy. I have had close to a dozen exchanges that have resulted in no feedback. Just keep up your end and the good feedback will follow.

Thank you! :]

CoffeIt: while there’s no way to “force” feedback out of someone, I do think it’s fair to see it as “expected”. It’s a little more than a courtesy when people rely on it to make future decisions about buying and selling. If it was just about a “pat on the back” it would be a courtesy… but the way it’s implemented is a system of sorts. If it wasn’t intended to be used, we would just have the “Trade feedback” section and we could post “Bob was an awesome seller!” to our hearts’ content.

I tend to agree with you, yobean. I’ve had no problems so far, but I’ve noticed (even if it doesn’t bother me) that the seller waits until I’ve left feedback. I mean, I send my money within minutes of getting a PayPal address, along with my shipping address.

At that moment, my part of the deal is done! I was presumably polite in PMs/emails, I was responsive, and I sent the money without a fuss. That’s a positive feedback! But I don’t mind waiting so far.

If I eventually have a deal that requires some “maintenance”, as long as I’ve done my part correctly and in a timely fashion, that should still be a positive feedback… been lucky with sellers thus far, though!

[quote=“GregP,post:4,topic:53279”]
CoffeIt: while there’s no way to “force” feedback out of someone, I do think it’s fair to see it as “expected”. It’s a little more than a courtesy when people rely on it to make future decisions about buying and selling. If it was just about a “pat on the back” it would be a courtesy… but the way it’s implemented is a system of sorts. If it wasn’t intended to be used, we would just have the “Trade feedback” section and we could post “Bob was an awesome seller!” to our hearts’ content.

I fully agree. Fact of the matter is some members just don’t care and will not give feedback. If you were to contact a moderator to get your deserved feedback they would tell you “it is not required”.

I wish more people were forthcoming it would be far less scary on the newer members. It is like offering a handshake just to be snubbed, annoying yes but their choice. These are not generally problems that come from seasoned traders but those that dish out their collection as they leave the scene.
Ask for feedback, worst they can do is be silent (or say no). It is all a matter of communication which is the meat and potatoes of all trades. It worries anyone that can’t get a daily response when someone else has a hundred of their hard earned dollars.

Yeah, you’re right about that. It’s nothing that can be enforced by mods or by anyone else, that’s for sure.

I agree that feedback is expected when you fulfill your end of the bargain. But, if you give someone neutral or negative, even if they deserved it, highly unlikely that they will give you any feedback in return. Worst case scenario, they will give you a retaliatory negative or neutral and you’d have to have it sorted out. It is better off that they are leaving none, than unjustifiably retaliate.

I agree with GregP. As a buyer, after you pay, technically, you are owed a positive feedback at that moment. Your end of the deal is done. But, sellers will often wait to issue feedback, because of the reason stated above. They don’t want to give you positive, and then something goes wrong and you give them a negative that they don’t agree with. If they have already given you positive feedback, they cannot take it back if something happens. So, they wait to make sure the buyer is satisfied.

I have gotten all of my feedback for YYE BST transactions, but Ebay…I probably don’t get feedback 5% of the time. Some people buy once on that site, never to be seen or heard from again. :-\

And you are lucky if they pay sometimes…

I have been on E-Bay since 2005 and I guess I have had feedback on 95% of my transactions (248 positive at the moment.) On here, I’m currently 9 out of 10. I wish that guy would give me a positive, I gave him one.

I have had a few trades w/no feedback where it was deserved. Two on ebay with name brand guys in the yoyo world who portray themselves as standup guys. One even accused me of not paying two days after my paypal account showed he was paid - “Oh it got lost in my email.” I paid within ten minutes of the auction ending.

You should let those people know that they owe you feedback. I would love to know if it was just an oversight, bad manners, or they were dissatisfied with the deal. How could they be dissatisfied with a buyer who paid on time? Process of elimination, so it must be one of the other two reasons (oversight, bad manners). I remember I forgot to give chuckshort1 feedback because I had two BST deals going at the same time. I gave the other guy feedback, and thought I had given Chuck feedback too…but I didn’t. I caught the error before he did though. I try to be good about things like that.

It was a few years back. I attributed it to arrogance and bad manners. Which over time has proven to be the case. The most irritating was the guy that claimed he wasn’t paid. It took me sending him a copy of my paypal receipt to get him to move.