GIVEAWAY and WATCH the recorded LIVE Interview w/ Gentry Stein. Winner Announced!

Scroll to bottom of post for giveaway info!

I had a great LIVE video with Gentry Stein (@Gentry_Stein) yesterday (thanks to everyone that tuned in - I think I might try and make this a weekly or bi-weekly thing at some point!)

Recorded on 07/15/19 we talk about:

• Gentry winning Nationals.
  • What type of string, bearing response Gentry uses.
  • Gentry’s strategies towards building a winning freestyle.
  • Gentry’s YoYo Academy program.
  • Prepping for World YoYo Contest
  • Viewer submitted questions!

Giveaway info!

Post a picture in this thread of any Gentry Stein signature yoyo you own! Can be anything that is his ‘edition’ or even an old signature throw. Would love to see some classics like Super G or Regen, etc! Winner will get a Shutter WIDE ANGLE in color of their choosing!

Contest ends July 22nd at 10AM EST. We will announce a random winner from the posts that afternoon - let’s see those pictures!

Congrats to the Shutter Wide Angle winner: @Scaliryan5!

22 Likes

Well loved, OG 67 gram YYF Shutter

8 Likes

Give me a couple hours, ill get home, i got the good stuff. Very special to me

5 Likes

Fun fact: I got this Suger G for buying this Regen on YYE.

11 Likes

OH!!!

I’mma totally win it!!!

…I have none of Stein’s throws yet :frowning:

25 Likes

Replay Pro - WYYC 2015 edition!

10 Likes

This was a great interview! Really enjoying it (almost done).

And also…/confession…I totally bro love Andre.

2 Likes

I was gonna do the same thing LOL!

3 Likes

This is awesome!

Andre giving him a run for his money for “Best Hair” champion!

5 Likes

IMG_20190716_200819

11 Likes

Pink spots of light like stars in space.

13 Likes

Very awesome interview @AndreBoulay!!
It would be cool to see you do more of these with other players!
These are my Gentry throws:

The Galaxy Marble Replay Pro was my first unresponsive yoyo that I bought since joining the hobby last year. This is the yoyo I learned a lot of the basics on, as well as my daily player at work for a long time. The Green/Silver fade w/ blue splatter Shutter was my first metal yoyo, and when I got it, it also came with a free Replay Pro (which I later on gifted to my wife’s brother-in-law). Almost every trick I learned in my first year of playing was relentlessly practiced on this. After I got my first ding in it, I decided to just take it to work - it’s got quite a few battle scars after this previous 5A May lol. Lastly, I have a the Shutter Wide Angle with the bimetal styling on the rims that I got just a couple months ago in a trade. I’d been wanting to try one for a long time, especially since I enjoyed the original Shutter so much. The SWA is somehow even better than the original, and it has since joined my regular rotation of yoyos I play.
Sorry for the novel, but Gentry and his yoyos were one of my first inspirations when joining the hobby, and still continues to be an inspiration today.

11 Likes

That doesn’t look green to me :thinking:

4 Likes

My first unresponsive!

8 Likes

I was just trying to give you a quick break from your favoritest color in the world ever undisputed absolutely!
:stuck_out_tongue:

That was a really fun interview. Very honest and open. Favorite quote from it: “When I got too caught up in winning was when I wasn’t able to win”. Wise words.

Here’s a Shutter that most people probably haven’t seen. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

My Shutter Wa and Replay Pro

11 Likes

Peep the WA. This yoyo is very special to me as it was my very first monometal. As you could probably have guessed, it has been thoroughly played with and sports quite a few dints n dings. Still plays great tho :smile::ok_hand:.

12 Likes

Replay Pros (green one is broken, it was my first unresponsive yoyo, so i had to get another!)65g Shutter and OG Shuta :drooling_face:. I need a WA and a 67g Shutter too.

Edit: Here’s what happened to my RP. The bearing seat literally got ripped apart by me just playing with it a lot and overtighten it. It served me so well for like 3 years before giving up the abuse lol.

10 Likes

Fun interview! Love all the insights.

8 Likes