Please close

Lots of gems for sale and trade!

All sales/trades will ship with a 3d printed yoyo stand.

Full list of pictured throws (top to bottom, left to right):
Top Yo Silenus, $30
YYF Catalyst (B grade from ~2011, maybe Augie’s first release but don’t know hot to tell for sure), $45 SOLD
G2 Warthog Freedom, retirement, $150
G2 Banshee AL7 Bomber, $110
G2 AL7 Direwolf, $100
Dunk, glow in the dark made by Jake Bullock & Wesley Cheng (1 of 3), $250 TRADED
One Drop Kuntosh 5000, dragon slayer, nqp for ano (see black splash), $75 SOLD
One Drop Benchmark O 2013, $55 SOLD
One Drop Deep State, Saturday market, $150
One Drop Summit, $140 SOLD
Retic Death Adder V2 brass, $75
2Sick Crusade Unknown edition, $105
Buster with Coffin art (one of two sharks on black buster AFAIK), $60 SOLD
RSO x Anti-Yo YWETI blue, tiny ano burn, no box, SOLD
RSO x Anti-Yo YWETI gray, tiny scratch, no box, $420

All priced listed are shipped CONUS using F&F. G&S no problem, just add fees. Most prices are based on what I paid – if something seems off kindly let me know :slight_smile: In that case I’m happy to negotiate. Everything is in perfect mint/NMTBS condition unless noted otherwise. If you’re interested in exact condition, boxes, goodies, string just let me know. I have boxes for most :slight_smile:

I am looking for the following throws:
G2 Life (Nebula, Gotham only)
G2 Banshee (kaleidoscope or rainbow road only)
G2 swirls or unicorn/rainicorn fades
Turning Point Majiska
Turning Point Mustang
ILYY Abyss (all black / run #2)
Yellow or yellow and black yoyos
“Historical” throws
Or whatever else you’d like to offer :slight_smile:

I’m looking especially for MIB, mint, NMTBS conditions. Happy to balance any trades with extra throws or cash. If you have one of my wanted throws but don’t like my trades, just reach out and I might make you a cash offer or find you another trade you like.

Check trade feedback here. I’ve done this many times before, describe accurately, ship well, and don’t disappear: @schummelpilz Trade Feedback

8 Likes

@FrankieJR yweti

2 Likes

Could someone explain to me the reasoning behind so many OFFER ONLY items? What is the strategy being used here?

3 Likes

He could probably explain it to you if you PM him.

Others might be interested in the answer, or others might understand this strategy and be able to provide some insights. The OP doesn’t have to be the only one offering an explanation.

3 Likes

Happy to :slight_smile: It’s a combination of throws that I couldn’t find a good price point on, for example because they’re older or very rare, or because I couldn’t find enough data points on BST, and throws I’d rather trade than sell. Due to my work schedule I haven’t been able to keep up with BST prices, but I did my best in pricing them fairly (hopefully) where I could.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s tough when you don’t know the market value of your throws. My question to you, then, is how do you know if an offer is reasonable or not? Suppose I throw a number at you for one of them. How will you know/decide if it’s a reasonable offer?

Honestly think people that do this are wanting someone to offer high, an offer that blows the others away.
To the right person / collector, the “offer” onlys are sought after.

5 Likes

They might have more success listing on eBay where the bidding mechanism does the work of finding the maximum market value, especially between competing collectors.

Thats a good and fair point. I hope I won’t need it but who knows. Whenever I’ve listed before they all sell eventually. Some in seconds, some in a month.

@Applepooh’s comment on “collectors” is also fair. Some of these are 1/2, 1/3, 1/5 etc. Admittedly I don’t know exactly to tell what’s reasonable. But most of the time there is a bunch of lowballs and then whoever is serious first gets it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure how you can tell if, for example, $50 is a lowball offer while $75 is “serious”. If you can tell the difference, then you are also capable of determining what you would be willing to sell each yoyo for. You could just put those numbers up as the selling prices. Why make interested buyers play this game of guessing what your number is, hoping to get it right?

9 Likes

Lets say the seller thinks he will let it go for A$. But a buyer is willing to pay A+20$ for it. Why wouldn’t I take advantage of that situation. It isn’t about how much Im willing to get for the yoyo but to see how much someone is willing to pay.
You may think your yoyo is worth A$ but if the market thinks its worth A-10$ you’ll just have to keep lowering the price till you get a buyer. This method takes care of that as well.

3 Likes

I’ve been in the car sales business for 5 years. General rule of thumb is the first to speak loses. This is a harsh concept that isn’t fully applicable nowadays with the internet allowing every dealer to list pricing online for comparison.

But Yoyos are much more niche. So like he said he wasn’t able to gather enough data points or be a good judge on what the exact price should be.

Then by allowing others to offer, he is able to see what “the market” deems the yoyo worth by averaging all the offers.

its not a direct comparison but it makes sense. If you go to buy a car from a dealership and you say “i’ll pay $10k for this car” and they jump and say “OKAY SIGN HERE” then you know they know that’s a high offer. Where if you come in and offer $5k, they might say that’s too low what about 8? you counter with 6. You guys settle at 7. and an even and just negotiation has occurred and you both feel you worked hard to earn a fair price.

At this point i’m just rambling about sales stuff but I hope this sheds some sense of light on one reason why both parties would want a number from the other party first.

5 Likes

I also can’t speak highly enough of OP as we have been communicating for several days on end. Very fair and understanding person. Even helped educate me on throws neither of us currently own.

A great participant in this community

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. This BST thread is way too interesting to archive it later given all the interesting discussion on sales :slight_smile: I may not know the exact values of everything, but I’m always happy to talk over PMs and figure it out.

3 Likes

Green deep state, kappa, covenant and Banshee SS gone

Sorry if this comes off as a low ball offer, I’m a bit new to the scene and can’t really appraise the worth of many throws yet. Is $75 a reasonable offer for the Saturday Market Deep State?

3 Likes

I’d say yes!

PMed

Warhawk gone

1 Like