FTY - 138 Yoyo - Drop Update!

Fair Trade Yoyos ‘138’ will be released as a prototype and will be sent around for testing in the coming weeks. More pics and info
to come shortly.

A teaser pic because I can’t help myself…

24 Likes

Looks good!

5 Likes

thank you!

3 Likes

Cup looks similar to a sparrow

3 Likes

I want more

3 Likes

i guess i could agree it looks similar. i generally like to keep flatter cups in case people want to paint or engrave them.

3 Likes

I NEeEEEEeEeD IT!!!

1 Like

How do we get one for ‘testing’? :innocent: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

testers are mostly FTY Team members, and a couple of our friends in the community that have helped us in the past. we have taken folks from the community before who have asked, but our sails are set on this one. thank you for your interest though!

3 Likes

OK, Update YYE Members I wanted to thank
you for your time and introduce to you the Prototype for the Fair Trade Yoyos ‘138’. An homage to our punk rock upbringings, DIY ethos, and inspiration through our youth and community, the Misfits’ “We Are 138” were the inspiration for the dimensions 51x38mm.

Keeping with the punk, horror and old school
inspiration, the overall round shape was inspired by the rounded steel roller skates of the slicked-back rat-rod days, Misfits horrorpunk and giving a nod to the oxy ti as well.

there still maintains a slight ‘schwall’ as in our previous models, though not as pronounced. large rims rounded all the way into the cup provide for power and stability.

the moniker, initially was difficult…. as it is on our projects. in discussing with Mike Minond one day we were going through the motions and the most sensible name came to mind - 138. it describes why, it describes the history behind it and a bit about us, and it is the yoyo….

51x38 65g 6061

so, take a look
at the first shots of Fair Trade Yoyos ‘138’

23 Likes

Excited for this

2 Likes

Such a great song. That yoyo better live up to it!

2 Likes

Ooo when can I send the $$$

2 Likes

i intend to :wink:

1 Like

Looks really great!

9 Likes

thank you @ChrisFrancz …… hit’m with it!

2 Likes

sorry, this will also fit a half-spec C-bearing should you provide the appropriate axel. thank you.

2 Likes

I love it. I’ve still got my Misfits vinyl from back in the day. Imma need a crimson ghost-ish engraving on it.

5 Likes

When I saw the model name “We are 138” immediately came to mind. This looks like a sick throw.

3 Likes

Same. I’ve been thinking of selling one or two to fund my yo-yo habit though.

1 Like