FS/FT: SYY Hella Ratchet, OD/OYY Eclipse, YYF, YYB Purple Yoyo

Looking to sell/trade the following. Payment is PayPal f&f (add fee for g&s). Please add $4 for shipping (unfortunately USPS just raised their rates)

LF: Other G2’s: covenant, wolves, marvels, tritons, elites… not looking for banshees or warthogs. Must be mint, box and goodies a plus.

Package deal: Take GenXS and Overthrow for $60

Sorry YoYo Hella Ratchet - $40 MIB. Super smooth, just not really my style.

OD/OYY Eclipse Clear - $60 NMTBS. Super smooth and plays like a dream, but I’m still trying to raise funds. Original box included.

Yoyo Bros. Purple Yoyo - $50 b-grade for tiny engraving flaw in the heart and fingernail vibe in rims. Includes box, 1 sticker and certificate (string and heart sticker are gone).

YYF GenXS Blue/Purple - $35 MIB. Brand new out of the mystery box, unplayed.

YYF Overthrow Red w/ black rims - $40 MIB. Thrown once over carpet.

20190411_135547 20190404_132716 20190307_172342 20181211_155832 20181211_155928 20181211_160411

8 Likes

Pm’d You (bump)

1 Like

Nice Kodiak.

1 Like

So the g2’s 2018’s are made in China?

What about the pelican?

Pretty sure Pelican was machined in China too. It’s one of their latest releases 2018 and 2019) so post move to machining there.

Honestly though, that should be as relevant as where the carbowrd for the box was sourced from…

Not only has Asian manufacturing gotten much much better, but Jake (the owner of G2) is awesome with the quality control-almost to the point of obsessive. You’re not going to get a throw from them with any flaw that you might attribute to Chinese production. They’ve earned their reputation as far as I can tell.

I’m very new to this hobby, but I’ve got 2 banshees, both 2018, both made in China, and I promise you theyre definitely not wonky or cheap feeling at all. They’re probably my favorite out of my collection. I’ve got a 2sick, a One Drop, one from Recess, and about 10 other yoyos, and none of them, although some are made in this country, are any different in quality than my Chinese G2’s.

I’d say go for it without reservation. I love mine, and Ill definitely be buying more eventually. Top notch

7 Likes

Yeah, what @TeeJay said! Lol.

2 Likes

@G2_Jake said the Chinese machine shops now have better quality than the US ones he used. Right here on these forums. Look it up if you don’t believe me.

5 Likes

Not sure about the cardboard box, however it was more in reference to your pricing. 140 for an elite, isn’t that more than they sell outright for?

1 Like

I would say made and machines are two different things. The majority of time and money is spent in the USA. We’re just using overseas machining for the majority of our stuff now.

5 Likes

Pelican was our case study. The 18 was USA machined and the 19 was Chinese machined. The 18 had a trash rate of over 50 percent. And an A grade rate of just 10.

The 19 has an a grade rate of 90%.

11 Likes

You’re looking for the best possible quality.

Can you get special anodization (beyond solids) done in the US or is that in China too?

1 Like

China ano is catching up. I still prefer USA ano though even with solids.

5 Likes

Get this man an award or a plaque stating he wins.

But for real,

I’ll take a OD machined old school G2 over this new stuff anyday.

9 Likes

Yes- I dohand Amos for small batches

China or USA… its still a G2! Designed, assembled and tested in the USA.

1 Like

Me too!

5 Likes

But not the new school OD machined G2?

8 Likes

Havnt had time to check out the VLOGs in a bit. I’m missing a lot of info, bad on me.

But You better believe I’ll be chasing those bad boys down.

That “Life” model… my goodness yes yes.

G2 will always be special to me, you’re (and OD) what sparked my inner kid again.

5 Likes

Sunday morning bump