Favorite Retro Gaming Handheld/What's Everyone Playing?

What’s your favorite retro gaming handheld (e.g. anbernic, powkiddy etc.). My favorite is the funkey s for it’s portability .

1 Like

I have the Anbernic RG350M right now, but I’m super tempted by the Retroid Pocket 2+ because it does up beyond N64 and can even run some Game Cube games

3 Likes

Tamagotchi :egg:

13 Likes

Right now I’ve been using a RG350P and a knockoff Revo K101+ (gba playing hardware clone) as for emulation and game streaming been using my kindle fire HD 10 and Fire 7 for perfect DS emulation and such using Dig as my main front end currently. Got a Razer Kishi for Xbox One cloud gaming and PS4 Pro remote play on my phone. :metal:

8 Likes

My modded gb advanced sp so I can play crystal or Mario and Luigi super star saga.

10 Likes

Got this in 2002. Still great!

9 Likes

I love playing FE and Metroid Fusion on my gba micro!

5 Likes

I had an original Gameboy and pretty much every version since.

Unfortunately, most were stolen on a move to Germany in 2014. :frowning:

I still have two versions of the DS and now a Switch. I can play all of the retro Gameboy games online via a subscription.

I also have the Nintendo commemorative retro versions. My favorite is the Game and Watch that has Mario Brothers. I love the Mario series!

6 Likes

I feel your pain :sweat::sob::triumph: I had every handheld I’d ever owned and all the game carts, umds, micro sd’s, and cases/bags stolen this summer after a move. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: slowly rebuilding my collection bigger and better than it was before. But good god everything is ridiculously priced now.

4 Likes

Started a new GBA build last night. Just waiting on some holographic stickers for the back panel and a usb-c 1700mAh battery pack kit. :star_struck::partying_face::sunglasses:

12 Likes

I have a rg351p that I loved, but they battery died 2 months in. Kind of soured my experience and can’t bring myself to try to look into battery replacement. Have a retroid pocket 2 that is kind of holding the place for now but really miss the feel of the 351

2 Likes

The lipo packs are cheap and easy to replace. Definitely look into it. Ambernic is a personal fav of mine. If they did triggers like the Retriod line does they’d be perfect for me.

2 Likes

Can’t seem to edit it a second time but my funkey s won’t hold a charge (:sob:) and I really want the ayn odin

2 Likes

Recently got into the retro handheld scene. I have a 351MP and am loving it so far. Of course I had to put my childhood favorite Game Boy title on there (Donkey Kong '94) and even moreso, make my own custom bezel totally inspired by the Super Gameboy border from back in the day.

5 Likes

Just doubled my DS Lite’s battery capacity from the stock 1000mAh to a well reviewed and recommended 2000mAh one. :yum: Got impatient waiting for my triforce shell and figured I’d give it a little upgrade. Rip Club Nintendo swag.
‌. ▲
▲‌ ▲
. :raised_hands:

7 Likes

I know a lot of people prefer the DS Lite, but my preferred model is the DSi LL. The DS has such a crazy good library of games and being able to load them off the SD card instead of needing a flash cart is nice. The DSi LL might not be as good for emulation as a 3DS, and losing the entire 3DS library anyway is a drawback for sure. But so many of my favorite games are on the DS, and I just can’t stand how DS games look on 3DS.

8 Likes

Finally got around to replacing one of my four SP’s that were stolen. :face_exhaling: Not going to be the same as the authentic ones I had, but at the current prices I can’t justify replacing the special editions I had. :face_with_spiral_eyes::money_with_wings:
These shell swaps and IPS V2’s will look nice once they’re all modded and finished off with some custom stickers. Going to try my hand at a USB-C and headphone Jack mod. :kissing_cat::nerd_face:

5 Likes

I do miss my DSi, I used to use the web browser on it and my PSP Slim to frequent the yo-yo forums. :sweat_smile: Only thing I found lacking in the DSi back then was the ability to play GBA carts, mainly to transfer Pokémon over to DS games. Might have to see what cfw has to offer on it these days. :thinking:
I’m about to start working on installing cfw on my New 2DS XL to load games off a 512gb sd card today. :grin::innocent: Wish me luck! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Might mod my 3ds :thinking:

1 Like

I loved my GameBoy Advance. Alas somewhere on a round trip to Germany, someone like it more than me. :frowning:

I do still have to DSs, an original and an XL.

@Tobiyo89 Thank you for the tip on the battery!

3 Likes