Favorite rapper? :D

(Yo!It'sMatt) #1

Just wondering what all of you think about rap and some of your favorite artists.
My favorites are:
Atmosphere
Nas
Blue Scholars
Shing 02
Jay-Z
:smiley:

Would you consider Kaine West a rapper? :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t ussually listen to rap though.

Music is like candy, you have to throw out all the “rappers.”

(Yo!It'sMatt) #4

awh dude messed.
Rap is an art from haha.
at least the good rap.
lil wayne sucks.

Soulja boy! Whoever does that your a jerk song! BEST EVER!

Ok sorry, I actually hate both of those things. Soulja boy has one good song and that jerk song…words cannot describe my hatred for that one.

Favorite is Ludacris, then probably Jigga man and I don’t really know. Mainly, I hate the new stuff that repeats the same thing throughout the entire song.

I believe it was “Music is like candy, it tastes better without the rapper.”

(POLLO YOYO) #7

i actually like the youre a jerk song its in my top 5 favorite songs

(Infinite Chaos) #8

Eminem. Love his stuff

Oh and I do like T-Pain and Ne-Yo. I haven’t ever heard a bad song with either of these two. Jamie Foxx is good too.

(JM) #10

Older 50 Cent (Mixtapes; Get Rich or Die Tryin’ and earlier)
Lil’ Wanye (I absolutely hate his voice, but no one can deny how well he put’s words together)
T-Pain
Young Jeezy
Papoose
Kanye West
Older Nas (Ether…oh man that was so unexpected but sooo good)
Eminem
Jay-Z
Ludacris
T.I. (I used to not like him, but Paper Trail was great)

I never did understand why some people were so against rap and hip/hop, especially after I hear the stuff they DO listen to.

Totally agreed. Country? Oldies? Sorry but I would rather hear rap than someone talking about their problems with cows. :stuck_out_tongue: And it’s not the 60s anymore. Unless it’f for a class there’s no need to listen to something that old.

(JM) #12

Lol, I mean more of people saying ‘They swear too much’ or ‘It’s too violent’ and then the listen to the latest alternative rock band that calls their girlfriend a ***** and talks about suicide.

(JonasK) #13

I barely listen to rap at all. If I listen to rap, I go old school, like Sugar Hill Gang, Young MC old school. You know, from the old thas when rap was all about rapping to the beat of the boogie.

[quote=“Apetrunk,post:11,topic:5572”]

Yes because old things are automatically bad (sarcasm says …NO). The 60’s was a golden era in music. Ever heard of Woodstock? Well you should have, it’s a somewhat important part of history. Jimi Hendrix, Joe Cocker, Santana, Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, The Who. These names should be known to you, if not, I can care less about your opinion on music.

i must respectfully disagree
tho this is a funny saying i think rap, tho some is terrible, can sometimes be good
me i would go with someone like
ANDRE NICKATINA

(JM) #15

[quote=“Pheenix,post:13,topic:5572”]
I barely listen to rap at all. If I listen to rap, I go old school, like Sugar Hill Gang, Young MC old school. You know, from the old thas when rap was all about rapping to the beat of the boogie.

I think you messed up the quotes there, but anyway. All those mentioned made great great music. Just because it’s old doesn’t mean it’s classic. The 60’s was a great time indeed, but not the best time for great music IMO.

Or “A mix of country and rap is crap” I like country more than rap though.

(Yo!It'sMatt) #17

most of today’s rap is just garbage.
It’s kind of sad. haha

Yeah.

To comment on what Pheenix said, yes I have heard of all of those people and have listened to them a lot in the past (my friend loves that stuff) and I have heard of Woodstock a little bit. So my preference isn’t based on nothing.

Also, those people are all good. Those are really classic rock and not oldies. I guess I forgot to mention I like some rock too.

And the 60s part…I just kind of threw a number in there. I wasn’t “picking” on the 60s for any particular reason.

(JackG) #19

jay sean and lil wayne down song is great

(Yo!It'sMatt) #20

I think Lil wayne ruined that song personally. :stuck_out_tongue: