Edition: Aspen Undergoing precision machining!

I believe he’s credited with designing the various Boost yoyos for YYF – I think all of them? Boost, Boost 2.0, Boost Afterburner and Kinetic Boost (I have this … weirdly light). He definitely designed the Boost Squared (literally the square one) and the titanium Inertial Boost, both of which I believe he released on his own, not through YYF.

2 Likes

Thanks. I wondered about the Boosts (including that square one). But also wondered if he was behind a bunch of different brands as a freelance designer like Patrick Dressel or Jeffrey Pang are. Makes me want to check out a Boost.

1 Like

did alex also designed brandon vu’s tofu (square delrin) yoyo?
I think I heard this info somewhere in the video but im not sure.

2 Likes

I found an extra pink laying around!

If you would like a chance to win a free Reflection, just go over to the Edition instagram, you’ll see a reel post which has a Pink Reflection on it. It has a tiny ding (OH NO! Anyway…).

Basic rules:

1. Like the post
  2. Make sure you’re following the page
  3. Comment + tag 3 friends.
  4. Share the post.

I have received plenty of requests for another run, it wont happen, this is your chance to snag the last one. Other proto projects might or might not be on the way, who knows these days. Have fun!

Here is the link to make it easier:
Oh whats this? A giveaway?

6 Likes

I’d like to give a warm welcome to @Aridnavleez. It’s has always been a pleasure to work with Adrian when filming, and he has always gone out of his way to help out. Please check the video below!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqR6uWirU91/

Now for the folks who might want some additional context to what “Team Edition” might be please check below:

What is Edition Team:

Heavily inspired by groups like YYF’s Bombsquad, Defynit, and the HIGH RECIEPT.s crew. Edition Team is a project to bring players from different teams, backgrounds and mindsets to come together under one roof.

By being admitted to the team, these players represent not only a high level of skill, but also a general willingness to be outgoing individuals who strive for the betterment of the yoyo community and I am truly honored to give them a warm welcome.

What yoyos are they using:

One important aspect of this team is that it’s based in the players comfort zone. No hard restrictions preventing them from using their favorite yoyo due to company promotional needs, and no pressure to sell products.

So what’s the point:

For Edition, aspects like diversifying content creation, new opinions, additional high quality content, as well as helping folks collaborate in a neutral space helps, in our eyes, grow yoyoing further. This means players are not required to leave their teams or forfeit other sponsorship obligations, if anything they are welcome to join as it helps us continue to support multiple brands and further the collaborative nature Edition was built on.

11 Likes

More information soon.

22 Likes

Nice Rims oh so nice Rims on that one!

We’re thrilled to announce the latest addition to our Edition projects - with the help of Jordan Blofeld from OP Yoyos. Together, we’ve created a more competitive-focused design that builds on the beloved features of our previous Reflection release.

In response to customer feedback, we’ve increased the ring weight from 14.97 to 16.3g per ring for a more powerful spin. We’ve also made some key adjustments to the diameter and width, reducing them by 1mm each to counterbalance any unwieldiness. With these updates, we were able to drop the weight by 1 gram and introduce a nipple-styled hub to push the weight bias into a more aggressive direction.

Since some of you also expressed concern about the short axle on the Reflection, the new upcoming project will feature a 12mm axle.

specs:
Diameter: 55mm
Width: 46 mm
weight: 66g

15 Likes

Long axle W
Edition W
Jordan Blofeld design W

6 Likes

We are live!

Link is in Bio of the IG page, to comply with the forum rules the link will not be posted here.

11/15 have been claimed already.

I’m working on getting the inventory system up within the next couple hours.

Thank you for the support!

Edit!!!

Please keep in mind the color listed! This is raw or polished clear (assuming the shop offers it)

8 Likes

Super thankful for all the folks who jumped in yesterday! We have 4 slots left before we can hit that “order” button!

Howdy Hey! I hope everyone had a solid Easter for those who celebrate and a wonderful weekend for everyone else.

I have received an additional quote from FPM which would allow us to open up the run to a full 15 pieces. This just means that the 3 yoyos which would have been allocated for the folks involved would not impact the total run count.

If people are interested in this option I will open up the run to the 18 total, 15 for others, 3 for those involved. Otherwise we have 3 more left to go before the order goes in for the 15 total run.

Edit: This was an idea, however there wasn’t that much interest in doing it so I have decided to maintain the original 15 count.

1 Like

One slot is left! Order will go in tomorrow regardless if it is unclaimed. Thanks for all the folks who took interest this time. Cant wait to get these in your hands.

5 Likes

The order is in! I will be updating you all as I get updates from FPM. Thank you!

2 Likes

A little update for those who have been following the Design II Progress!

IMG_0719

Alu sections are done and are going in for clear anodizing!

Once those are finished, rings will go on and they will be on their way over!

9 Likes

An update for those following along:
D2 project is on its way from the factory!

Since there are only 15 pieces of these, I will test, tune and ship these out the same day if not the morning after (if they come in late like last time).

21 Likes

can’t wait to get my hands on this one! have loved watching the entire process

Hope you snagged one up when they were in the preorder phase. There are no extra’s for this, and no production run is being planned.

1 Like

Looks stellar, the CAD didn’t look nearly as good as the finished product!

2 Likes

I am glad it exceeded expectations!

2 Likes