Atmos Projects present: The Abel

A delrin gravity with SEs would be sweet though!

7 Likes

If we’re still guessing, mine is Snowcloud.

1 Like

Cloudy, Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, Adam, Eve, Enoch, Eden, Nod, Gershom, Absalom, Isaac.

Also, on an unrelated note, happy cake day!

3 Likes

I will guess the snow ball

2 Likes

I like “Fluffy”

2 Likes

The name Puff really comes to me when I see the throw!

2 Likes

Heads up to my fellow Abel owners. I had assumed the masked off portion around the bearing seat had fixed the string eating issues. I was mistaken lol. It had a nice trip through the grocery store. Had only thrown it for probably 1-2 hours on this string.

6 Likes

Hi @Evertonian – thank you for the heads up, and we’ve sent you a DM. We want to fix this.

The masked seat and buffed surface held up well to testing, and we’ve had good feedback, so its dismaying to hear that some units still have these issues. But it also seems like this finish has had its time. We’ll be retiring this blast finish for all future runs.

8 Likes

Not sure if it’s any consolation, but the army green plus dings is a great look. I salute this yoyo’s service in battle.

8 Likes

Yea I’m a huge fan of this finish so it’s unfortunate it has this issue. Perhaps something else with the seat caused it I’ll have to take a look. Props to the atmos guys they already have offered to make it right.

7 Likes

Does all Noahs from current run have same type of blast on coating?

1 Like

@Evertonian Yes, I feel it brought something unique to the table, both aesthetically and in tactile experience. But this does feel like a right moment to call time on it.

@_void Noahs from the second run had a relatively softer finish, so I don’t anticipate the same issues, but I’d just look out for wear on the strings and replace them earlier to be safe.

4 Likes

I love the atmos aesthetic. I hope there is some middle ground between the aesthetic and the aggressive blast.

2 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile: We will figure something out.

2 Likes

How about blast from the past (pun intended :smirk:)? Maybe Frank from ILYY team up with you to bring back candyblast, candodize or even canflon coating.

2 Likes

I agree! Candyblast would be awesome!!

2 Likes