Asteria Yoyos' Competition Bimetal Design - the Star Trail (Now available for pre-orders!)

Star Trail Announcement Here! Asteria Yoyos' Competition Bimetal Design - the Star Trail (Now available for pre-orders!) - #41 by Matcha

Hello everybody! I am Matcha! I am a university student who is currently taking a break. I have finally just made my YYE account, previously I have been hanging out on /r/Throwers discord.

The yoyo I have designed is called Night Sky. This yoyo is based on a few of my favorite yoyos. Feel free to see the images down below. (the engravings are also subject to change)

(for more images you can check the website)

The yoyo is pretty powerful (15610 inertia) yet is only 63g!

How do y’all feel about this yoyo design?

If you are interested please click the “I’m interested!” button on my website so I will know how many people are interested! Since the more people are interested, the lower cost per unit this yoyo will be

Thank you for reading!

Edit: Made an Instagram! Login • Instagram

22 Likes

Looks interesting, what aluminum alloy are you planning on using?

5 Likes

Thank you! I am planning to use 7068 aluminum

6 Likes

Honestly just looking at it, it looks like it would be an outstanding yoyo.

6 Likes

ur the doggie on discord right?

2 Likes

Yes XD But I changed my profile pic a while ago

4 Likes

oh… oop the yoyo looks gr8! esp because of the denser aluminium and the perfect width i did just complete the form, but id like to say again that fade colorways are my favorite

P.S. if it doesnt mess with the weight distribution, alot of people like the concave h-shape profie instead of a steep cut

6 Likes

I like the look of it and the name of the yoyo

4 Likes

It looks great!

3 Likes

Update: Just ordered the prototypes! Can’t wait to try it when it gets here!

After trying the prototypes, if they are good, I will be officially opening pre orders for a big run! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looking forward to it Matcha!

3 Likes

I have no doubt it’ll be great. Make pink for the big run plz

7 Likes

can it finger spin at all? Also what is the spin time and stability like?

2 Likes

I am still waiting for the prototypes to test out! In theory the spin time and stability should be great, since the yoyo is pretty rim weighted with thin walls. The large diameter and 7068 al allows for more extreme weight distribution compared to 6061

The yoyo wasn’t designed for fingerspins though :frowning: But I am going to thoroughly test it when it’s here to give you an answer about that! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Matcha, could you do a thorough test for us how the yoyo handles Jakub Plader’s or Toru’s Scales V4 Finals Freestyle?

3 Likes

XD Maybe in like 10 years… :’’’’’’’)))))) Jk but maybe I could ask some of my friends that are good to try it out haha

3 Likes

:joy: just teasing you Matcha.

Doesn’t have to be a through test just a simple one is also fine :rofl:

3 Likes

I am going to buy myself this when it comes out.

2 Likes

i second this.

2 Likes

bruh these look amazing.

2 Likes