AdviCe needed

Hey there this is akshat .
I have just ordered a magic yoyo v3 as a starting yoyo and was just wondering how to make it unresponsive. I know that bearings can be changed . But i dont know anything about bearings and stuff…

The responsive version of the Magic Yoyo V3 comes with a half-spec C sized bearing. So the bearing is half as wide as a regular C sized bearing. To make it unresponsive you would need to pull out the half-spec C sized bearing and replace it with any regular C sized bearing. You may also need a longer axle.

2 Likes

Fun fact that I learnt from @MarkD today. Half spec bearings are not half as wide. But only 2/3 the width.

6 Likes

I didn’t know this. Good to know!

I just got a V3 today and that bearing comes lubed with tons of super thick gunk. I immediately had to clean it because the spin times were unbelievably short.

2 Likes

Is it still tug responsive with the clean bearing?
I’m assuming so.

1 Like

I swapped in a new bearing with a drop of thick lube. If bearing was dry I would imagine it would be semi unresponsive. The pads are slim so it needs some thick lube to be reliably responsive.

2 Likes

It’s funny I was throwing around a whip at work today and got home and the V3 was in the mailbox and was amazed at how close they are in size, but was upset at how low the spin times were and how fast it would tilt on me. So I opened it up and it looked like someone mixed gear oil with chapstick slathered all up in that bearing. And I said, there’s the problem. Now it plays like the world’s smoothest whip.

3 Likes

Hey there thanks for the useful info.

3 Likes

No problem. Good luck!

1 Like