A Sized Bearing YoYo Love (Small Bearings)

These are really cool, I am still not quite understanding exactly what’s going in in the center of the blue and red/orange ones, but it’s super cool!

4 Likes

These are Duncan Mod Spacers, they come with the PROZ and are sold individually as well.

6 Likes

These new 66% Edge Beyonds look to to be a fun A bearing yoyo

5 Likes

I bought the last 2 of those from YYE (not the offstring, still some of those left). I need to tinker more. So far, I’ve only managed to make a Wobble Monster.

That 66% Edge Beyond does look pretty darn cool!

4 Likes

Get @Evan_Nagao to 2000, he’s shredding that A bearing 66%

5 Likes

The highly anticipated @DocPop Weekender A bearing yoyo is here. The A bearing is deshielded and packed full with blue grease and the CoreCo Pads make for such a controllable response. One Drop made it so smooth it reminds me of a TK SB-2 on a whole another level. The modern responsive shape makes the current contemporary stall and responsive tricks easier and very consistent, I predict a new progression of trick development resulting from this one, very exciting.

12 Likes

Are the CoreCo pads a suitable replacement for the Duncan Friction Stickers? In respect to size of course.

4 Likes

Yes CoreCo Pads

These pads are compatible with most yo-yos that use the small bearing Standard Friction Sticker size pads (12mm inner diameter). They are made from long lasting silicone and available in a vibrant pink color!

8 Likes

Yes, but, do the fit perfectly in the designated slightly recessed spot on say FHZ or Speed Beetle. I’m so ridiculously anal about these things. I even take the original strings off, set them aside, and put them back later…

Thanks in advance

4 Likes

The CoreCo Pads are thicker than the thin Dif-E-Yo Pads if that’s what you prefer. Here are what they look like in a FHZ, I like how they play with modern day string.

20190608_131830

15 Likes

Word up! They look perfect and man do I appreciate the pics so much. Wish I could put more than 1 like on this.

6 Likes

Interested to hear how that works out. I think you may end up with grease in places on the yoyo/string you don’t want it.

4 Likes

Nothing unusual for a responsive set up, some grease residue in the bearing seat is all. Already on my second string and I’m using some @DocPop Pop String. This Yo is all good times #modernresponsive The Weekender

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing those rad pics. I’m becoming a convert of the A size bearing and glad you are digging it to. One note, the bearing has a blue rubber shield on it. The grease I use is a clear silicone grease that works its way in and tends to say in there longer than if the shields are left on.

8 Likes

5 Likes

This is how my Alleycats have all come, and I’ve never noticed grease anywhere.

5 Likes

The grease stays in longer with the shields removed? That seems counterintuitive. Am I missing something?

5 Likes

Think they’re shielded. Clear grease, blue shield.

5 Likes

Ooops, I meant it stays in longer if the shields “aren’t” removed. I’ll fix that.

7 Likes

I was kinda wishing it had spikes, but the hubs work great for pull starts, and you can get amazing pull start fingerspins on them!

3 Likes