A&A Yoyo Strings - Spooky Fades

TL;DR - A&A Strings is a new string company.
Our strings are handmade and sold via monthly subscription. We are giving free sample packs away to the first 100 people to sign up at the link in our instagram bio: A&A Strings (@aayoyostrings) • Instagram photos and videos (or search instagram for aayoyostrings)

Hi there,
This is Amelia and Aaron (hence… A&A) writing to tell you about our new string company. We’ve been experimenting and making strings by hand for about 8 months, slowly sending them out for people to try and adjusting based on their feedback. We’ve developed several formulas, all nylon/poly blends, that we feel very good about. We’ll launch with 2 formulas and expand options soon. We’re also looking at offering custom strings as one-off purchases, but that will happen after we’re confidently rolling with the subscription program.
There are a handful of things we’d like to do a bit differently. First is our distribution method, which is selling the strings by subscription. The yoyo “drop” culture has always struck me us as a little odd, and also extremely frustrating when you can’t get what you want. We’re hoping to solve this by “dropping” strings at your door each month with little effort on your part.

We also want to make beautiful strings. Neon strings are cool and obviously very helpful when throwing, but we’d like to expand the palette of string colors. We call our various string colorways “flavors” and we hope you’ll really like them. Each month subscribers will have the opportunity to choose from a variety of flavors, ensuring you’re always getting something cool and new.

Onto the cool part: We really want you to try our strings! We are sending out sample packs to the first 100 people who sign up at the link in our instagram bio ( @ aayoystrings)
We know, this is kinda like a drop, but we can only give away so many :frowning:
One of the first people we sent strings to was @PendingThrows24 and he was kind enough to make this very thorough video review:

Finally, these samples really are free, but we have invested a lot of time, effort and money into getting this thing started. 100% not necessary, but if you’re feeling generous we wouldn’t turn down donations. If you wanted to drop a couple few bucks on paypal to adewitt1@gmail.com we would really appreciate it.

17 Likes

Oops… Forgot the link to Owen’s review: A&A Yo-yo string unboxing and review - YouTube

6 Likes

I signed up for your strings !!! I can’t wait to try these out !!! Nylon and poly strings always sound good. I will definitely report back with results :wink: Thank you for doing this btw :grin:

4 Likes

:disappointed:

2 Likes

Will different types of string be available?

I signed up. Thank you, Jeff

Signed up and am now excited to try! I like the idea of a string subscription too.

1 Like

Do you have a website? Instagram instabanned me immediately when I signed up and the automated appeal process is a bad joke so I don’t have access to IG.
I don’t mind missing out on the free sample but if you’ve got a website or Etsy store or something along those lines, I’d love to check out your strings! A sample pack for purchase would be sweet, so we can buy some and get a gauge on how long it lasts and how it plays before signing on for a subscription.

Ivan

3 Likes

The sample packs will have two strings, a Formula 1 and a Formula V. Formula 1 is mostly nylon with just a touch of poly, and Formula V is closer to 50/50, but more poly overall. We’ve got a few other blends as well, but these are the two we are most confident in right now.

5 Likes

Placed an order and made a donation via PayPal this morning.

Looking forward to giving the new strings a try.

1 Like

Do you have any thick strings?

2 Likes

If you can send internationally, I’d be happy to put the strings through some testing. Looking good at least and I wish everything good to you :pinched_fingers:

2 Likes

For now the thickness is what it is and we’ll be offering thicker/thinner as we go, but formula 1 is definitely on the thick side. It’s also relatively slick, so the thickness helps get a solid bind. They also stretch a decent amount, so they aren’t as thick as they appear just sitting there.

1 Like

Thank you to everyone for the great response! We’ve got a MASSIVE batch going out in the mail today. There are a handful of spots left, sign up if you’d like to try them!

8 Likes

I received my sample strings this afternoon. They look very nice.

Now I have to figure out which yoyos to try them out on. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No Instagram. My feelings are hurt.

2 Likes

We are officially “sold out” of sample packs! Thanks to everyone for the tremendous response. Everyone should be receiving their strings very soon. We will be launching our subscription service on May 1st. Check our instagram for additional information, or if you’re not an instagram person DM us or email us at aayoyostrings@gmail.com for updates.

We’d love to hear what everyone thinks of the strings as well!

11 Likes

Do you have a web presence? I received the Instagram but have a hair trigger on the delete button.

1 Like

Sounds like their site is going live on May 1st which is posted on their Instagram: Login • Instagram

I also dm’ed you the link to their store page on bigcartel that follows the same naming as their email for those wondering.

2 Likes

Thank you.

3 Likes

Thank you.

13 Likes